Venue: Committee Room 1, at the Council Offices, Southfields, Loughborough. View directions
Disclosures of pecuniary and personal interests
No disclosures were made.
To agree the action notes of the meeting of the Panel held on 21st January 2020 and the updated Scope Document.
The notes of the previous meeting held on 21st January 2020 were confirmed as a true record subject to the correction of a typographical error on page 6 in the first bullet point of Notes: Febraury to be amended to February.
To consider the draft report of the Panel and to propose recommendations to the Scrutiny Commission.
The draft report does not include the appendices referred to in it. These will be added once the report is finalised.
Considered a draft report of the Scrutiny Panel compiled in consultation with the Chair of the Panel and proposed draft recommendations from Panel Members with a view to agreeing a final version for submission to the Scrutiny Commission. The Commission would be requested to recommend the Panel’s report to the Cabinet at its meeting on 7th May 2020.
Summary of discussion:
· inclusion in the foreward of the report the Panel’s thanks to allthosewhoactedaswitnessesor had providedwritten evidenceto assistthePanelwithits deliberations.
· amendments to the key findings section of the draft report to reflect the Panel’s observations.
· a detailed review of the draft recommendations from all Panel Members resulting in 16 recommendations and 4 observations proposed to be included in the final Panel report.
· whether the Council had focussed its commercialisation strategy heavily on commercial property investment and was risk averse.
· whether there had been insufficient investigation made into other commercialisation options and that the Council should consider property investment inside the borough.
· that the timings of the meetings of the Panel and the development of the Council’s commercialisation strategy, as reflected in the report to be submitted to the Cabinet on 12th March had not been ideal, but the Panel considered it had influenced the Council’s approach to commercialisation.
Actions / Timetable for review
To confirm actions from the meeting.
Further meetings will be scheduled if the Panel deem that they are necessary.
Panel membership: Councillors Baines (Chair), Boldrin, Bolton, Charles, Hamilton, and Ranson
1. That the draft report of the Scrutiny Panel be amended in accordance with the comments and alterations made by the Panel during the meeting;
2. That the draft recommendations proposed by the Panel during the meeting be inserted into the draft report;
3. That following actions #1 and #2, the draft report be considered as final and circulated to the Panel for its last review before submission to the Scrutiny Commission;
4. That the final report as agreed by the Panel following action #3 is submitted to the Scrutiny Commission at its meeting on 6th April 2020;